This Blackened Chicken and Quinoa Salad was sooo good! Fair warning, there is a decent amount of prep, grilling the chicken and the corn and cutting up the toppings. My mouth is still watering thinking about this dinner though so I’d say it was worth it.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups quinoa cook according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 mango diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 grilled corn on the cob corn kernels removed
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Heat your grill to medium-high.
In a small bowl, whisk together paprika, cumin, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub onto all sides of chicken.
Grill until the chicken is blackened and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before slicing.
Whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Whisk in cilantro. Pour over quinoa, a little at a time until it reaches your desired amount, and stir to combine.
Spoon the quinoa onto your serving plate. Arrange the sliced chicken, sliced avocado, diced mango, diced bell pepper, corn kernels, blueberries, feta cheese, and cilantro over the quinoa.